MAME 0.100u3 was released on 29 September 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles clean up more Sega C2/Genesis-based games:
- fixed crashes introduced in last version
- centralized interrupt generation for all Genesis-based games
- implemented protection correctly for Puyo Puyo 2
- Paul Priest changed validity checks to use hashes for speed. Also changed them to only run on the drivers in the source file of the current game, rather than on all games, in non-debug builds. And fixed the coinage sorting check so that it doesn't depend on the linker to order the strings in a particular way.
- Aaron Giles removed -skip_validitychecks option now that the time to execute the checks is not as bad.
- Mathias Rosenhauer improved the speed in Top Gunner by pre-decoding the vector processor microcode. Also added a shift register to produce the LCD-like look of the score and other numbers.
- R. Belmont updated the Nintendo Super System sound:
- Fixed bugs in SPC700 ADC, SBC, ADDW, SUBW, MUL, DIV, & CLRV opcodes
- Fixed several APU hardware/timer issues
- Added accurate sound DSP emulation from the latest OpenSPC
- Fixed some timing issues that prevented ActRaiser from syncing up
Result: generally accurate sound in the working NSS games, and in many SNES games over in MESS as well.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING