MAME 0.106u5 was released on 8 June 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Juergen Buchmueller cleaned up the decocass driver:
- All hardcoded tables are gone now
- cexplore.pro 32 byte PROM reverse engineered
- Malice fixed windows.mak to support 64-bit builds.
- Nathan Woods fixed a bug where the gamename was reallocated out from under us by the new config system.
- Nathan Woods added the ability to specify a callback when a given option is parsed. This is used on the MESS side to add system-specific command line options.
- El Condor made more generic 6840 improvements.
- Aaron Giles added experimental OSD locks:
- osd_lock_alloc() allocates a lock
- osd_lock_acquire() acquires a lock, blocking until success
- osd_lock_try() tries to acquire a lock and returns whether or not it succeeded
- osd_lock_release() releases a lock
- osd_lock_free() frees memory used by a lock
If the OSD layer is not using multiple threads, these can just be stubbed out (return TRUE for osd_lock_acquire and fake the rest).
- Aaron Giles fixed ESC key not cancelling out of initial UI screens.
- Aaron Giles added more rendering changes/fixes:
- Added new render_view_item_get_state() function to return the state of a given item
- Changed render_target_get_primitives to return a new structure render_primitive_list, which contains the list of primitives along with an osd_lock which must be held while the list is being traversed
- Added "Rotate View" option to the video menu for dynamic in-game rotation
- Moved window creation and management to a separate thread; this means all software rendering and all Direct3D calls are done on a separate thread from the main game, and will take advantage of multiple CPUs/dual cores
- Changed throttling behavior to skip rendering if we are already pending; this makes for a better "fast forward" effect
- Added -prescale option to pre-scale the game bitmaps before rendering to the screen; this helps get rid of the "fuzzy" look when running with -filter enabled, at the expense of some speed. Note that only integral values are currently supported (no "auto")
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status