MAME 0.118u3 was released on 23 August 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- stephh updated the dacholer.c driver with now all known Dip Switches.
- Atari Ace changed MDRV_VBLANK_DURATION macro to accept subseconds directly instead of converting from double. Added new macro USEC_TO_SUBSECONDS to assist in this. Converted all drivers over to using it.
- Atari Ace improved/fixed validation of memory maps to match current logic in memory.c. Fixed a few problems that were identified this way. Also removed construct_map_0 and isolated map construction to a single function.
- Atari Ace added new AM_READ_PORT() macro which lets you define an input port read callback based on a port tag. This is now preferred over the previous technique of calling port_tag_to_handler() within an AM_READ() macro. Updated all drivers that were using the latter pattern to the new system.
- Atari Ace fixed a subtle monymony regression from 0.36b10(!)
- Wilbert Pol fixed the F8 CPU core to not clobbert the irq_callback on a reset.
- Ernesto Corvi updated the Amiga system:
- Implemented the ECS-only BLTSIZV and BLTSIZH custom registers, and modified BLTSIZE and the blitter to use them.
- Properly implemented the bit in VPOSR that indicates if we're running on a PAL or NTSC Amiga.
- Fixed the PAL clock on the Pictomatic driver in alg.c
- Andrew Gardner added counter emulation to the COP420 CPU core. Hooked it up to Thayer's Quest and added an alternate set.
- Brian Troha added missing PROMs to the Status Trivia driver.
- stephh cleaned up several Taito drivers (opwolf.c, othunder.c, topspeed.c, warriorb.c, wgp.c, rastan.c, rainbow.c, volfied.c) to use common input port macros. Fixed the Dip Switches for all games (a few still remain unknown though) and added many notes. Also fixed a couple of things which were wrong in ninjaw.c driver. Improved the C-chip emulation for "Operation Wolf" and its clones so it can now handle multiple coinage settings.
- stephh improved the MCU simulation for aladbl so now the game handles coins correctly. Fixed the Inputs to match an arcade cabinet and added Dip Switches according to the game M68000 code.
- Nathan Woods added a build tool to extract version information and add it to the Windows version resource.
- Ernesto Corvi added a fairly complete WD33C93 SCSI controller emulation, and also updated the cps3.c driver to use it.
- Aaron Giles, Philip Bennett, and Pierpaolo Prazzoli changed the NEC V30 CPU core to use a 16-bit data bus. Updated affected drivers: raiden, raiden2, m72, m90, m92, m107, segas32, hng64, deadang, dynduke, sengokmj, shanghai, lockon, tatsumi, fantland, twins, gunpey, ttchamp. Separated V-series disassembler from the i386 disassembler and updated it to use proper register and opcode terminology.
- Aaron Giles changed the I8086 CPU core to use a 16-bit data bus. Updated affected drivers: gottlieb, leland, tx1, fantland, tetriunk. Cleaned up naming of CPUs (i86 -> i8086, etc.)
- Nathan Woods added 16-bit handlers to a number of the shared PC components.
- Aaron Giles consolidated common code between drc and non-drc MIPS cores.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added