MAME 0.118u6 was released on 11 September 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Lord Nightmare updated the TMS5220 core to use shifts instead of divides for the parameter interpolation. Also added support for internal clamping to 8-bit output when using the internal DAC.
- smf fixed a regression that caused CHD games to crash if the CHD was not present. Also fixed change that required write access to CHDs.
- Aaron Giles fixed CHD search paths again so that they look in parent subdirectories.
- smf fixed security cassette contents to get Guitar Freaks 3rd Mix (GE949 VER. JAB) in game.
- Nathan Woods exposed core_vfprintf(), and implemented mame_vfprintf() in terms of that call.
- David Haywood made some improvements to the Wheels + Fire driver. Still not right.
- smf added SCSIOP_GET_INQUIRY_BUFFER to scsicd & scsihd.
- ElSemi made MB86233 core changes:
- fixed a double move opcode
- added a previously unknown double move opcode
- Nathan Woods changed the way MAME handles options internally. Changed mame_options_init() to return a core_options object, which is now passed into mame_execute(). Moved mame_options() to mame.c, which is now only valid while the emulation is running. Audit functions now take a core_options parameter.
- Tim Lindner made more HD6309 fixes:
- the SEXW instruction not longer clears the overflow flag
- now generating an illegal instruction trap if invalid registers specified for TFM
- Nathan Woods changed Windows message filtering to only apply to MAME game windows.
- Aaron Giles Made a cleanup pass through the new x86emit.h code emitters, changing the way memory is referenced and replacing macros with inline functions.
- Aaron Giles updated MIPS and PowerPC drc cores to use the new emitters. Removed the old macro-based ones in x86drc.h.
- Aaron Giles made -autoframeskip aware of the -speed setting.
- Aaron Giles fixed stack buffer overrun in install_mem_handler() that broke the Hyperstone-based games under gcc 4.2.1.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING