MAME 0.120 was released on 15 October 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Christophe Jaillet added a "native" architecture option to the makefile. Use this to have gcc automatically pick the most appropriate architecture based on the system that it is compiling on.
- Atari Ace fixed a few pointer truncation bugs in the Windows 64-bit code. Enabled warnings for 64-bit pointer truncations. Merged the x86 and x64 manifests.
- Tim Lindner changed the 6821 PIA logging so that it only logs core messages once.
- Johnboy made updates to various NeoGeo ROMsets. Some ROM names updated to match verified names from chip labels. A lot of "older" sets have been redumped to investigate the "64k m1/s1 issue" (also the m1 "overdumps"). Result was, ALL m1 ARE at least 128kx8; ALL s1 ARE 128kx8. The old m1 "overdumps" were incomplete dumps. In addition, it has been discovered that all "p-roms" do have a minimum size of 4mbit. A number of sets have been restored to their "original" state, and a number of others have been marked as bad dumps where appropriate. Specific changes include:
- bjourney: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- bstars: fully redumped, added correct m1
- bstars2: fully redumped, added correct m1
- goalx3: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- janshin: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- joyjoy: added correct m1
- legendos: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- maglord: fully redumped, added correct m1
- mutnat: partially redumped, added correct m1
- nam1975: fully redumped, added correct m1/s1
- ncombata: fully redumped, renamed set to ncombath
- neomrdo: readded 128k s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- pbobblen: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- puzzledp: readded 128k s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- ridhero: fully redumped, added correct s1
- socbrawl: readded 128k s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- ssideki2: fully redumped
- strhoop: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- svc: removed MVS tag, only one version exists (AES/MVS/PCB)
- svcboot: removed MVS tag
- tws96: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- viewpoin: readded 128k m1/s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- wh2j: partially redumped, renamed to wh2jh, is verified AES version
- wh2j: fully redumped, is verified MVS version
- wh1h: fully redumped, is verified AES version
- wh1ha: renamed from wh1h to wh1ha
- Aaron Giles made several more traditional optimizations to the voodoo emulations, gaining a few percent improvement.
- Aaron Giles further tweaked the work code to appropriately check for work items versus checking for the number of outstanding items.
- Aaron Giles simplified some of the model2 rendering code.
- Aaron Giles and Curt Coder moved a number of files from mame/machine and mame/video to emu/machine and emu/video. In general, files that emulate a common industry standard chip (as opposed to custom, manufacturer-specific chips) were moved. Further moves may happen in the future to isolate common system-level components (such as amiga, snes, etc.).
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added