MAME 0.121u4 was released on 13 December 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Olivier Galibert added a new option -update_in_pause which enables updating the screen bitmap while the game is paused. This is useful for debuggin in some scenarios (and gets in the way in others).
- Dirk Best added the new VIDEO_TYPE_NONE to indicate that there is no screen, and fixed internal UI displays to ignore resolution parameters if it is specified.
- Atari Ace added missing consts to the files in the emu, lib, and osd directories.
- Atari Ace updated drivers to use const structs and arrays where possible.
- Sonikos made shisen improvements:
- added dips location
- added dips condition
- remove fake dips coinage
- fix tow dips in matchit
- Sonikos updated inputs in qrouka to support the 3rd and 4th stick.
- Nathan Woods fixed a crash in mngwrite if the game does not have a palette.
- kingshriek made SCSP updates:
- Added effect-in mixer
- Added DSP floating-point support
- Added bounds check to the DECAY1 EG output
- Fixed the saw PLFO waveform
- Fixed loop points so loops no longer go out of tune/include garbage samples
- Mathis Rosenhauer implemented the status flag in the Star Wars matrix processor, which affects gameplay speed.
- Phillip Bennett changed M37710 CPU to use the CPU clock for its internal timer rather than a hard-coded value. Fixes tempo in Namco NA-1 games.
- Aaron Giles fixed a accidentally included change that allowed MAME to run in windowed mode if switchres was off.
- Aaron Giles made Midway Zeus improvements:
- Cleaned up video code, removed unnecessary math
- Added bilinear filtering
- Removed perspective correction
- Added proper video timing configuration
- Added lightgun support to invasn
- Increased resolution on fixed point math to prevent overflows
- Fixed texture addresses to only count even rows
- Added missing U/V scale factors
- Added solid polygon rendering support
- Fixed screen clear trigger
- Implemented fade out effect
- Added Z offsets
- Added support for splitting model commands
- Hooked up FIFO empty IRQ to make invasn work nicely
- Correct PIC values for invasn
- Implemented per-quad texture offsets
- Hooked up writes to registers during model data processing
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING