MAME 0.124u5 was released on 1 May 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Roberto Fresca made snookr10 updates:
- Decrypted the apple10 tile matrix.
- Partially decrypted the apple10 color codes.
- Added encryption notes.
- Updated technical notes.
- couriersud added DISCRETE_KEY_SALLEN_FILTER to discrete sound system.
- couriersud added discrete mixing and filtering to irem games using m52-sound-c boards: mpatrol, travrusa.
- robiza and Corrado Tomaselli properly implemented the tile/sprite priorities in m90 driver. This fix priorities in quizf1, riskchal amd maybe more m90 games.
- couriersud fixed AY-3-8910/YM2149 and derivatives envelope handling.
- Roberto Fresca updated Funworld games:
- Fixed AY8910 volume to all games to avoid clips.
- Merge bigdeal and funworld machine drivers thanks to the AY8910 rewrite.
- Removed old unaccurate commentary about magiccrd tiles.
- Roberto Fresca updated Sandii' Games:
- Created a new machine driver for tenballs due to different memory map.
- Worked all the input ports from the scratch.
- Fixed the sound ROM_REGION.
- Added the oki6295 emulation to all games.
- Hooked output ports.
- Documented and calculated all bits related to lamps.
- Adjusted palette lenght to 256 colors.
- Totally decrypted the apple10 color matrix. Now colors are perfect.
- Created a new machine driver for apple10 due to encryption.
- Reverse engineering the code to complete the DIP switches.
- Added diplocations to DIP switches.
- Promoted snookr10, apple10 and tenballs to 'WORKING' state.
- Added game instructions & notes.
- Updated encryption & technical notes.
- Mariusz Wojcieszek changed NES/PlayChoice 10:
- added support for mapping rom and ram in PPU video memory space
- added PinBot mapper (H board)
- Roberto Fresca updated All CMC italian games:
- Added TICKET and HOPPER buttons to allow payout through the SUPER GAME.
- Documented the featured SUPER GAME with complete instructions.
- Improved DIP switches to properly set the payout system.
- robiza changed the implementation of the cocktail mode in marvins.c.
- Andrew Gardner merged memory maps for tunhunt, tumblep, tugboat, trucocl, and truco.
- Brian Troha and Tafoid contributed meritm driver updates:
- Consolidated, corrected and updated info
- Verified Megatouch IV program rom
- Corrected many rom names
- Add game revision to game name (IE: 9255-40-01 ROE)
- Added pals from Megatouch 6 to other sets as they all run on the same PCB
- Add the sound clock update from Tafoid
- Nicola Salmoria made a massive update to ROM naming in the CPS1 driver, also loading smaller eproms for Japanese sets instead of the larger mask ROMs where possible. Added information about B-Board revisions where possible. There is still work to do on this regard but this is a first step in untangling the mess.
- robiza fixed another opcode in match it 2.
- Dirk Best converted the MSM6242 RTC into a proper device.
- Atari Ace removed deprecat.h from debugger.h to prevent hiding modules that really needed to include deprecat.h.
- robiza verified a "not sure" opcode in bombrman.
- Aaron Giles changed BIOS errors so that specifying an invalid BIOS is a warning, not a fatal error. Also re-allowed "default" as a BIOS setting with special meaning.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING