MAME 0.129u5 was released on 26 February 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Phil Bennett and Guru provided Apache 3 improvements:
- Experimental road layer emulation (currently disabled).
- Fixed text layer alignment.
- Corrected CPU clock frequencies.
- Fixed YM-2151 volume.
- Added road stripe PROM.
- robiza impemented CRCL command in hd63484 (used in skattv test mode).
- couriersud added save state support to tomcat, tempest, quantum, asteroid, bwidow, mhavoc, omegrace.
- couriersud device-ified the Atari vector generators.
- couriersud added register SXFER (0x05) to the 53c810 - Nothing more. This reg determines SCSI transfer speeds. scud / scuda now fatalerror with writes to reg # 0x70.
- smf added a quick hack to delay installing the spu dma handler until the first write to the spu as driver init is now called after the devices are created.
- couriersud added discrete filtering and fixing to bking.c.
- Phil Bennett partially fixed asurabld/asurabus sound regression.
- couriersud verified XTAL and divisors for rocnrope in schematics.
- Angelo Salese added a debug viewer for the blitter-based gfxs in the itgambl3.c.
- Angelo Salese added a debug viewer for the blitter-based gfxs in the itgambl2.c.
- Aaron Giles renamed a number of commonly-used but confusing device tags. The plan is to move away from generic names like "main" to names that capture the device type as well. This will allow searches for devices to be based on tags alone. Added validity checks to prevent the continuance of this pattern and to ensure that all devices have unique tags, regardless of type. Changes:
- CPU/"main" -> "maincpu"
- CPU/"audio" -> "audiocpu"
- CPU/"sound" -> "soundcpu"
- SCREEN/main -> "screen" (since it's the only one)
- SPEAKER/"left" -> "lspeaker"
- SPEAKER/"right" -> "rspeaker"
- SCREEN/"left" -> "lscreen"
- SCREEN/"right" -> "rscreen"
- SCREEN/"middle" -> "mscreen"
- SCREEN/"center" -> "cscreen"
- Brian Troha corrected rom names in tnzs.c for older TNZS sets.
- David Haywood hooked up the reel background colour writes to cherry master / new fruit bonus '96 etc.
- James Wallace added BellFruit Scorpion 1, Bellfruit System 85, Maygay M1B and Maygay M2 systems from AGEMAME. MPU4 Mechanical improvements have been made, making mpu4.c the mechanical driver, and mpu4drvr the non-mechanical one. This only leaves JPM impact (mechanical skeleton), Maygay M2 and MPU3 (mechanical skeleton) to be ported from the AGEMAME codebase. There's also been a cleanup sweep on Scorpion2, we were declaring too many versions of the same function, and the reel drawing code had stopped working. Both of these are now fixed.
- Derrick Renaud updated M79-Ambush - Added Discrete sounds, fixed DIPs and added Self Test Lamp Output.
- Sonikos fixed oki frequency in galhustl.
- Atari Ace added missing static qualifiers to the code.
- Smitdogg added correct ROMs for Super Triv III.
- Fabio Priuli fixed mjelctrn DSW read handler to agree with new tags.
- Dirk Best added support for the /PC output pin to the CIA emulation.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING