MAME 0.134u3 was released on 12 October 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- MetalliC updated the Multifish driver:
- Hooked up RTC (real time clock).
- Added documentation about backdoor / bootleg / hacks.
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core:
- Throw F-line trap correctly when PMMU instructions are hit on non-equipped CPUs.
- Added working PMMU address translation (not feature complete, but sufficient to boot several 68030 Macs in MESS).
- Fixed up disassembly of some PMMU instructions.
- Added "68020 with 68851" CPU type.
- couriersud added EXPECTED macro to complement the already existing UNEXPECTED macro.
- Curt Coder added device_find_child_by_tag helper function.
- couriersud updated the discrete sound system:
- Fixed some "const" weirdness he introduced.
- Fixed VREF in CRFILTER_VREF and RCFILTER_VREF. VREF never got used since it was only a static parameter.
- Removed enable from CR_FILTER* and RC_FILTER*.
- Updated drivers accordingly.
- Use EXPECTED/UNEXPECTED to help the compiler.
- Derrick Renaud updated DISCRETE_CRFILTER, DISCRETE_RCFILTER:
- Reverted vref change from rev 6979.
- Added capability for all values to be nodes.
- Brian Troha added PCB layout for Igrosoft's Gambling hardware in the multfish.c driver.
- Fabio Priuli removed some old and duplicate code for genesis/megadrive from MAME. Also, moved some megaplay/megatech constant to a struct and refactored some code (work in progress). Updated bootlegs to use latest genesis code and finally removed src/mame/drivers/genesis.c!
- Aaron Giles asserted copyright ownership of core library and OSD files, and relicensed them under the standard BSD license, with permission of the original authors. The files in question all live under src/lib/util and src/osd.
- Aaron Giles made device memory spaces visible in the debugger.
- couriersud added better task processing for discrete sounds:
- Tasks are now processed according to their dependency lists. Tasks can now start early and will only process samples which are already available. This has most impact on drivers which have significant variance in the run-time of individual tasks.
- Tasks now process samples in slices, currently max 240 samples / slice.
- TASK_GROUP is now obsolete - Will update drivers at a later stage.
- Step function pointer now back in node, modules may register optimized step functions.
- Profiling code now always compiled, introduced static int profiling = ...
- Some more EXPECTED/UNEXPECTED usage.
- stephh fixed Dip Switches for 'attckufo'.
- Roberto Fresca added improvements to Noraut poker driver:
- Added Draw Poker Hi-Lo hardware support, based on 8080A CPU.
- Mirrored the PPI's offsets to simplify/merge the hardware emulation.
- Added hardware documentation and PCB layouts from both DPHL sets.
- Added DPHL discrete sound circuitry scheme/documentation.
- Added Turbo Poker 2 from Micro Manufacturing.
- Added PMA poker.
- Documented the Turbo Poker 2 hardware.
- Added Turbo Poker 2 PCB layout from hi-res picture.
- Switched to the new PPI core.
- Commented out the 3rd PPI device till handshaked strobe lines can be properly emulated. For now, all VRAM access is through direct handlers. This allow to remove the hacks per set needed to boot the games.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING