MAME 0.137u4 was released on 4 May 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Lord Nightmare replaced TMS5200 table with table extracted using PROMOUT from actual chip. monymony sounds much better.
- Roberto Fresca provided improvements to Treasure Bonus (Subsino):
- Reworked and cleaned-up the inputs. Most buttons have more than one single function.
- Added DIP locations.
- Figured out the following DIP Switches: Complete Coinage (1/2/5/10/20/25/50/100). Remote Credits (1/2/5/10/20/25/50/100). Minimum Bet (1/8/16/32). Max Bet (16/32/64/80). Demo Sounds (Off/On). Game Limit (10000/20000/30000/60000). Double-Up (No/Yes). Win Rate (84/86/88/90/92/94/96%). Double-Up Level (0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7). Double-Up Game (Dancers / Panties Colors / Cards / Seven-Bingo).
- Fixed inverted functions and buggy inputs.
- Added lamps support.
- Created button-lamps layout.
- Remapped inputs to reflect the controls layout. This way is more user-friendly since controls are straight with button-lamps.
- Added coin/keyin/keyout/payout counters.
- Removed the pulse limitation in the BET input. This allow it to work as BET and STOP2 properly.
- Added technical notes.
- Roberto Fresca provided Status Fun Casino improvements:
- Reworked inputs to match the standard.
- Lowered the CPU clock to get it working properly.
- Added technical notes.
- Howard Casto provided an output cleanup/hookup (Part 2):
- segas32.c: Hooked up all digital outputs for all games (radm, alien3, radr, f1en, arescue, f1lap, jpark, slipstrm, orunners, harddunk, scross, titlef). Emulation needs to progress more on the analog output data before those outputs can be hooked up.
- audio\mw8080bw.c: Changed output name for desertgn to something more descriptive (Player1_Gun_Recoil).
- bbusters.c: Added new output handling functions and hooked up outputs for bbusters and mechatt.
- opwolf3.c: Added gun outputs for opwolf3.
- machine\williams.c: Fixed existing outputs in tshoot (they needed inverted) and hooked up the rest, including the feather blower.
- gunbustr.c: Hooked up all outputs for gunbstr.
- namcos12.c: Hooked up outputs for all system 11 gun games (ptblank2, ghlpanic, tenkomor).
- segaybd.c: Hooked up all digital outputs (gloc, glocr360, gforce2, pdrift, rchase, strkfghtr), also hooked up motor/analog outputs for Power Drift and G-Loc/ Strike Fighter The remaining games with motors could be hooked up as well assuming emulation can progress enough to get past the error messages.
- namcos2.c: Hooked up gun recoils for golly ghost. Also noted that the outputs for the remaining gun games are also in that area. Someone who can find the offsets should be able to hook them up.
- segas18.c: Hooked up gun recoils for lghost.
- taito_z.c: Hooked up outputs for spacegun and made a few prototype functions to help in hooking up the remaining games. Someone familiar with the driver should take a look. I hooked up a few, but they don't work like they should according to the comments.
- Andrew Jackson updated toutrun.c: corrected dipswitches in the most recently added Turbo Out Run set, and reorganized the sets so that the parent is the FD1094 317-0118 set, the "newest" set based on both EPROM and security chip part numbers.
- Atari Ace made srcclean add missing newlines to end of .c files.
- Oliver Stoneberg fixed the memory leaks with the strconv.c function by using osd_malloc() instead. Fixed other memory leaks as well.
- Lord Nightmare “replaced" TMS5220 table with table extracted using PROMOUT from actual chip. By 'Replaced', I mean documented, as the actual extracted table exactly matched the table already in MAME. Changed TMS5220C to use the same energy table as 5220 does, since my previous assumption based on the Quadravox tables was probably wrong. Updated the ranout condition code of tms5220.c to be slightly more accurate to the chip, and added TODOs. Re-enabled the timers for deactivating the READY line on /WS or /RS as this is probably slightly more accurate to hardware, but the difference is 2 or 3 clock cycles max.
- Luigi30 fixed incorrect DSK ROM size, shuffled around some ROM mapping, added new ROMs that were incorrectly assumed to be identical to than racedriv. The previously bad ROM checksums are now correct. Now the watchdog resets it instead of getting an address error.
- M.A.S.H added a screen layout for Space Stranger based on photos.
- Team Japump added redumped sound ROM to Vs. Net Soccer (vsnetscr).
- Deunan Knute and Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: Added rounding to the GD-ROM DMA transfers, will be needed for Virtua Tennis to make it boot.
- PluginNinja provided AICA updates:
- Implemented slot monitor.
- Improved ADPCM looping.
- General cleanup.
- PluginNinja provided SCSP updates:
- Improved slot monitor function
- Various cleanups
- O. Galibert updated the namcos23 driver: Varied stuff, isolate PIO, pcb test works on timecrs2c.
- O. Galibert updated the namcos23 driver: Quick hack to make 500gp boot.
- O. Galibert updated the namcos23 driver: Increased the main ram size so that crszone goes into POST.
- Angelo Salese implemented Sort-DMA irq firing in the Naomi driver.
- Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: implemented Wave DMA HW trigger and added Wave DMA IRQ firing.
- Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: implemented PVR-DMA HW trigger.
- R. Belmont updated the cdrom code: correct header length for form 2 raw sectors.
- Angelo Salese implemented mahjong panel support in the Naomi driver.
- Lord Nightmare updated the TMS5220 core: Made /READY timing accurate to the real chip as best as possible. Note that on the zaccaria games, possibly due to a bug in the CA2 line handler of the PIA which reads the /READY state, speech usually won't work until midway through the first game played, but works fine afterward. Not sure if that's a MAME bug or an original game bug.
- Lord Nightmare replaced the DEBUG_FRAME_DUMP define with a new DEBUG_PARSE_FRAME_DUMP which produces binary listings of each frame parsed.
- Guru added newer Area51: Site 4 BIOS.
- David Haywood updated sega system16 and later: first pass in the conversion of video ICs to be devices
- Lord Nightmare fixed swapped stereo in gauntlet and gauntlet 2. Thor (warrior)'s/red player's coin slot is toward the left, and specific sounds for that player (coin insert gong, death ditty, etc) should come from the left speaker, not the right. Verified with schematics. TODO: merge gauntlet audio into atarijsa.c since the gauntlet audio hardware is clearly the direct ancestor of the Atari JSA-i audio board, and currently is missing most of the chip specific volume controls, etc which are already implemented in atarijsa.c.
- XingXing and David Haywood improved DMA modes 1+2 in killbld, allowing all DMA operations used by the game to work and the RAM dump to be removed.
- Fabio Priuli added save states to the following CPU: apexc, asap, avr8, cp1610, dsp32 and f8.
- f205v provided documentation improvements to the Sega Naomi HW games.
- XingXing added a protection RAM dump for Dragon World 3.
- Angelo Salese added a delay to the GDROM DMA transfers, allows KOF Neowave to boot.
- Lord Nightmare hooked up the ym2151 reset bit to the sound cpu in gauntlet, and fixed sound reset to properly reset all the sound chips and volume latches.
- Lord Nightmare fixed race condition involving tms52xx status register which broke victory/victorba self test. Updated debug routines a bit, and improved the non-NORMALMODE a bit.
- Tomasz Slanina and maruwaprovided improvements to Pachifever driver:
- Replaced ic48.50 ROM with correct dump.
- Added correct MSM clock value.
- Added second SN76489A chip (used for sfx).
- Updated hw notes.
- Lord Nightmare cleaned up ranout (FIFO running out mid-frame) to be accurate to hardware; Cleaned up talk status clearing to be more accurate to hardware; Cleaned up parse_frame function significantly. Added some more comments.
- Fr45h3r updated the aristmk4 driver: Hooked up the two AY8910s.
- R. Belmont updated snes_snd.c: fixed Linux 64-bit compile issues.
- Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: Improved the YUV FIFO IRQ firing, now it should be possible to emulate the YUV decoding properly.
- XingXing updated the PGM driver: added support for newer bios ROM.
- f205v corrected mask ROM numbers for HOTD2.
- Lord Nightmare fixed ZPAR (zeroed k parameters 5-10) behavior for unvoiced frames. Updated comments and debug functions.
- Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: work-around for an int32 overflow bug in the renderer, makes The House of the Dead 2 / The Typing of the Dead to not crash during attract mode.
- Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: improved Vblank-In irq timings.
- Lord Nightmare redid parameter interpolation and frame load logic so new frames don't immediately force all the Energy/Pitch/K values to the values of the old frame, but wait until their first interpolation to do so. This fix improves speech quality considerably.
- Angelo Salese updated the Naomi driver: implemented RTC start-up values.
- Brian Troha updated astrocorp.c: Added PCB layout and board information for the Skill Drop Georgia set.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING