MAME 0.140 was released on 21 October 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Harmony considerably improved UART communications in the CD-i 68070 implementation, increasing Quizard stability as a result.
- David Haywood fixed use of the sign bits on the SegaCD Roz parameters, improves the SegaCD intro rotations etc. which now appear correct. Clamp Roz stuff to 24-bit, seems to fix the remaining issues with the Sega logos.
- Aaron Giles moved -effect implementation out of OSD code and into core since the implementations were identical across Windows/SDL and implemented in the core itself.
- Balrog provided more Clang fixes (verified OK with GCC).
- Aaron Giles made the emu correctly free textures when screen size dynamically changes. Fixes texture assert when exiting on a number of games.
- Harmony re-worked Quizard MCU communications handling to be more easily expanded.
- Aaron Giles converted rendlay objects into C++, reduced the number of unused textures allocated.
- Aaron Giles added new method reset_origin() to screen devices to allow manual synchronization of VBLANK start against an external timing source. Updated the MC6845 device to call reset_origin() on its screen at the start of each frame if a screen is present.
- Curt Coder converted the RCA CDP1802 CPU into a C++ device. Refactored cidelsa.c to use the new RCA COSMAC CPU.
- Aaron Giles added new devcb type DEVCB_TYPE_DRIVER, which implies the driver_device.
- Aaron Giles added new macros DEVCB_DRIVER_LINE_MEMBER and DEVCB_DRIVER_MEMBER to specify member functions of the driver device in callbacks.
- Angelo Salese reworked NMK16 irqs by not using cpu_getiloops() function
- Aaron Giles fixed custom mapping for dsp56k internal memory.
- Curt Coder refactored the CDP1869 chip into a C++ device.
- Aaron Giles added explicit control handler for the console. Ctrl+C/Ctrl+Break now explicitly terminate the process forcefully, rather than unwinding through the system in an unexpected state. Other console events (exit, shutdown, logoff) request a graceful exit.
- Angelo Salese reworked 1942 interrupts by not using cpu_getiloops() function.
- Angelo Salese removed deprecat.h usage and did some minor clean-ups to the 4enraya driver.
- Angelo Salese rewrote Alien Command irqs by not using cpu_getiloops() function.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING