MAME 0.140u1 was released on 8 November 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles created new class osd_interface to house OSD callbacks. Added new module osdepend.c with default empty implementations. Changed mame_execute() and cli_execute() to accept a reference to an osd_interface which is provided by the caller.
- Aaron Giles updated SDL and Windows OSD to create an osd_interface-derived class and moved their OSD callbacks to be members.
- Derrick Renaud updated the Discrete Sound modules - Added DISCRETE_XTIME_xxx logic modules. These allow you to do logic operations on nodes that use x_time anti-alias info. Added the ability to decode x_time to the DISCRETE_BIT_DECODE module. This means you can have an oscillator pass x_time onto a counter, get the counter bits decoded, pass that through the new logic modules and also have them convert the x_time to energy/anti-alaised voltage. Updated Donkey Kong Jr. to use these new modules.
- Andrew Gardner removed an unnecessary assert and brought focus back to the main debugger window on startup for the SDL Debugger.
- Aaron Giles added support for OSD-generated fonts. The OSD is queried first to see if it owns a given font (based on the name), and if it does, it is responsible for generating bitmaps on the fly as characters are requested.
- Aaron Giles added new option -uifont to specify the UI font. It can be set to a filename, in which case a BDF font will be loaded. It can also be set to a font name (assuming the OSD support is present), in which case the OSD font by that name is used. The default value is 'default' which can be used by the OSD to substitute a default font or by the OSD, which will default to ui.bdf as before. In all cases, it falls back to the built-in font by default if none of the previous options works. NOTE: On Windows, the OSD will default to Tahoma as the font name. Also on Windows, font names can be specified with [b] to indicate bold or [i] to indicate italic.
- Aaron Giles made use of the "default" font for artwork elements as well. Made UI backgrounds a bit more opaque. Fix edcrash when passing NULL filename to OSD code.
- Tafoid fixed and verified with Test Mode the few System 18 bootlegs located in the system16.c driver for Inputs and Dip Switches.
- Derrick Renaud provided Discrete updates:
- Removed old DISCRETE_74LS624 code and replaced it with new 74LS629 based code. Updated Mario to use new DISCRETE_74LS624 and DISCRETE_XTIME_logic modules.
- f205v and Guru provided Naomi updates:
- Redumped Kick 4 Cash to fix bad dumps.
- Completed dump of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
- Wilbert Pol updated i286.c: Moved call of i80286_urinit to CPU_INIT. Fixed display of PC in the debugger.
- R. Belmont updated the M6805 core: Added extremely preliminary 68HC05EG support.
- Wilbert Pol updated the i80186/i80286 core: fixed bound instruction restart when prefixed with a segment.
- Wilbert Pol updated i286.c: Partially implemented protected mode. Fixed verw, verr, lar, lsl, and arpl instructions.
- Derrick Renaud provided Atari Cops'n Robbers updates:
- Converted controls to Positional type.
- Started Discrete sounds (Motor 2 & 3, Crash sounds implemented).
- Added Motor 0 & 1, and Zings sounds. Zings sound not hooked up until address for Fires & Zings is found.
- Aaron Giles converted the expression engine to C++, did the usual cleanup.
- Johnboy provided Neo Geo changes:
- maglord/maglordh - Mixed up crc's, fixed.
- flipshot - Added correct p1.
- kotm2 - Tagged MVS AND AES VERSION.
- miexchng - Added correct c3/c4.
- Updated game pcb info.
- Continued to document mask ROM types.
- Cah4e3 updated the kofxi romset: Redumped mask ROMs due to error in TSOP70 adaptor.
- Curt Coder added UTF-8 constants for cursor key arrows, and accented characters on the Swedish/Finnish keyboard layout.
- Angelo Salese removed deprecat.h usage and rewrote irq routines in DJ Boy.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING