MAME 0.16 was released on 13 April 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in first-name alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Several fixes were made to the Burger Time (Midway) driver:
- The CPU clock speed was adjusted to avoid slowdowns on the fourth level.
- The driver was made faster on 486 platforms, which were common at the time.
- Sprites are no longer left on-screen when going to the next level.
- A bug in high-score saving was fixed.
- The interface to the AY-3-8910 audio chip core was simplified.
- The GameDriver structure was modified to avoid garbled text in Time Pilot.
- The Zilog Z80 and MOS 6502 CPU cores were modified to work together better.
- The functions cpu_getpc(), cpu_geticount(), and cpu_seticount() were added.
- Some bugs in the MOS 6502 CPU core's handling of BCD arithmetic were fixed.
- Brad Oliver modified the POKEY audio chip core to be more portable.
Working Games Added
Non-Working Games Added