MAME 0.161 was released on 29 April 2015.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- MooglyGuy updated the mips3 core: Add integer divide-by-zero handling to MIPS III cores.
- Guru updated the segas32 driver: Redumped oversized Stadium Cross ROMs at the correct sizes.
- MetalliC and Wind updated aica.c: ADPCM looping (DC swirl sound) and address masking (Red Dog) fixes.
- MetalliC updated segasp.c: basic system and IO hookup - BIOS is working, Tetris Giant boots to title, other rom based games start loading but hang due missing RFID reader.
- MetalliC and CaH4e3 updated the atomiswave driver: more correct ROM board PIO access (fixes ggisuka, rumblef2 crash).
- R. Belmont and endrift updated the arm7 core: STM decrementing mode actually writes in incrementing mode on real h/w. Used heavily by GBA "Classic NES" carts.
- Angelo Salese did some work towards "Unknown 186 Gambling Game". Shows some menus, but it's nowhere near playable.
- qmc2 added support for per-OSD mak files.
- MooglyGuy updated the mips3 core: Made fast RAM option common to both interpreter and DRC.
- superctr fixed SegaPCM volume register overflow.
- Rob Braun updated netdev: fix race condition/crash when using the OSD to choose pcap devices.
- Ted Green provided more iteagle improvements:
- PCI: allow BAR of 0; change "invalid" from 0 to -1.
- vrc4373: implement bus-master DMA.
- es1373: Do some processing and DMA, and issue IRQs.
- Curt Coder updated the z80pio device: Added individual write line handlers for port bits.
- Vas Crabb provided Native CoreAudio sound output for OSX:
- Audibly lower latency than SDL sound output.
- Allows selection of output device (-audio_output).
- Allows up to ten AudioUnit effects (-audio_effect0..9).
- New aueffectuitl tool to create/edit effects.
- Also supports standard .aupreset effect files.
- Curt Coder updated the 6522via device: Added device address map.
- Curt Coder updated the mos6530 device: Rewritten to support time travel.
- Vas Crabb allowed font face/size selection for Qt and Cocoa debuggers.
- Lord Nightmare updated hexion.c: Document chip locations and xtal based on PCB pictures of Konami PCB and bootleg PCB.
- Couriersud added the ability to mcs51 family processors to use port bits as inputs which actually are used as outputs because a "0" has been written to them. The CMOS chips in the family may be misused in this way when a low impedance source is connected to them.
- Luca Elia updated sigmab98.c: fixed position of zoomed sprites and added sprite RAM buffer. Emulated background color register. Removed some ROM patches.
- Alex Jackson updated exidy.c: brute force fix for m6502-related regressions.
- system11 extracted protection data for Ma Cheon Ru.
- Couriersud completely hooked up 6845 in cardline driver. Documented asic addresses.
- anonyMous updated jwildb52.c: dumped GFX roms.
- Couriersud improved truthtable handling in netlist. Prepare per-game setting of USE_DEACTIVE_DEVICE.
- Couriersud fixed repetitive monitor updates. By design, MAME has an issue setting aspect correctly on monitor resolution changes. This needs to be addressed separately.
- Couriersud added 74192, 9316, 9310 and 74193 devices to netlist. Added breakout(wip) netlist as well, but still have to implement three more devices until work can really start.
- Tafoid updated Jump Bug (galaxian.c): Adjusted clock speed to have working audio match that of video from PCB. Added notes regarding missing audio and flagged game.
- Couriersud properly documented address deconding for GFX roms in cardline.
- Brian Troha updated berzerk.c: Verified and corrected the rom labels for Berzerk (set 1).
- Barry Rodewald provided some WIP for Cirrus Logic GD542x/3x video chipsets, and split from pc_vga.c into it's own file. Hardware cursor is working, but other acceleration features still need a lot of work.
- Cesare Falco updated *nix man pages: Added new options to select debugger font face and size.
- KO Myung-Hun made SDLMAME v0.160 select the first mode unconditionally as a best mode when -switchres is used on SDL12.
- ibara fixed build on OpenBSD.
- Osso added / enabled save state support for the following drivers: aztarac.c, bagman.c, bigstrkb.c, cheekyms.c, clshroad.c, headonb.c, invqix.c, jackie.c, lwings.c, m107.c, m72.c, mainsnk.c, mirax.c, murogem.c, murogmbl.c, niyanpai.c, pitnrun.c, portrait.c, powerins.c, ppmast93.c, quizdna.c, rmhaihai.c, rotaryf.c, roul.c, route16.c, sauro.c, sbugger.c, shangha3.c, shanghai.c, shangkid.c, shaolins.c, spcforce.c, splash.c, spoker.c, spool99.c, ssfindo.c, stactics.c, thepit.c, toobin.c, truco.c, tunhunt.c, unkhorse.c, vamphalf.c, victory.c, vigilant.c, vroulet.c, warpsped.c, wiz.c.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING