MAME 0.165 was released on 26 August 2015.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Darksoft dumped the Sega 837-14645 JVS I/O ROM.
- Sandro Ronco provided monzagp.c updates:
- fixed 8035 vram read/write;
- added background graphics;
- added coin and DSW inputs.
- Sean Riddle updated vidbrain.xml: Added Information Manager prototype.
- MooglyGuy updated mk4: Add rudimentary blending.
- Couriersud added utf8 support for pstring. Opted for a scalable solution which should be easily extensible to utf16 and utf32 as well. All position related operations now operate on char code positions instead of byte positions.
- Samuele Zannoli updated chihiro.c: Move parts common with Xbox console into their own files machine/xbox.c and includes/xbox.h.
- Samuele Zannoli made the Xbox console driver use the base common machine setup with Chihiro.
- Lord Nightmare added support for M58819 'VSM-emulator', fixes speech in Radar Scope TRS01 set.
- Lord Nightmare replaced the frame parse and speech generation code from tms5110.c with the code from tms5220.c, should be significantly more accurate and allow the cores to be much more easily merged in the future. This also allowed finally getting rid of the COEFF_ENERGY_SENTINEL hack in tms5110r.inc.
- Charles MacDonald updated deco32.c: Verified and corrected the rom labels for the Fighter's History (World ver 43-07, DE-0380-2 PCB) set.
- Sandro Ronco provided part 2 of the monzagp.c updates:
- fixed gfx RAM;
- added 7-seg artwork;
- added my car sprite.
- F. Ulivi updated the hp64k driver: fix to allow multiple screens (for RS232 terminal).
- hsialin provided goldstar.c DIP switch documentation:
- Hold Pair for cmv4, cmv801 and crazybon;
- Card Shuffle Animation for cmv801;
- Fast Take for crazybon.
- Curt Coder updated the c128 driver: Emulated the PARTNER 128 cartridge.
- R. Belmont updated the apple2 driver: fix Ivel Ultra's unique text drawing (MT#5814).
- Lord Nightmare updated the tms51xx device: removed target_x variables in favor of reloading from coefficient ROM during the generation loop (as the real device does). Implemented proper ZPAR and unvoiced ZPAR logic for zeroing parameters during idle and unvoiced frames. Changed the pitch zeroing logic during frame inhibit to last an entire interpolation period rather than one sample. Replaced the speech-is-synthesizing state machine with the original patent TALK, TALKD and SPEN bits. Redid the talk_status logic to use (TALKD || SPEN) as the real device does.
- Hervé Warin updated the pet driver: Added French CBM 8032 ROMs.
- Hervé Warin updated pet_rom.xml: Added Edex (France, v4.4).
- Michael Zapf updated floppy.c: Added drive sounds (must be activated in drivers using MCFG_FLOPPY_DRIVE_SOUND(true); quite simple still, same sounds for all drives).
- Michael Zapf updated the at29x device class emulation: Created a general class for AT29 family from previous at29040a; added implementations for at29c040 and at29c020.
- Michael Zapf updated the geneve driver: Added Programmable Flash Memory boot feature (PFM512).
- Michael Zapf updated the ti99 driver: Added new cartridge types paged378, paged377; HFDC has new switch "wait for HD" (available in later HFDC models); 32K internal memory mod is now off by default.
- Phil Bennett updated midzeus.c: Further improvements:
- Added alternate back-face culling method;
- Added additional blend modes;
- Added depth test and write enables;
- Slightly improved rasterization.
- Barry Rodewald updated the x68k driver: added brightness controls, used for fade in/out effects.
- Porchy dumped thedealr's i8742 internal ROM.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING