MAME 0.18 was released on 20 April 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in first-name alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Several fixes to Green Beret:
- The game speed was made even more accurate.
- Sound pitch was corrected.
- High-score support was added.
- Sprite clipping issues were fixed.
- Memory trashing in the handling of dirty buffers was fixed.
- Noise, albeit very inaccurate noise, was added to the SN76496 audio chip core.
- Noise, albeit very inaccurate noise, was added to the Namco audio chip core.
- A bug in the AY-3-8910 audio chip core was fixed which caused noise to be played when jumping over a barrel in Crazy Kong (set 1).
- Bomb Jack (set 2) was made much faster, running at an acceptable rate on 486-based machines which were common at the time.
- The controls for Q*Bert (US set 1) were rotated to accurately reflect the original game's orientation.
- Sample loading was moved from individual drivers to the main engine.
Working Games Added
Non-Working Games Added
- Last version in the initial MAME series to be maintained by Nicola Salmoria