MAME 0.20 was released on 5 May 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in first-name alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- The colors and sound in 1942 (set 1) were made more accurate.
- Some graphics glitches (missing sprites when exiting doors) were fixed in Elevator Action.
- Brad Oliver submitted fixed for a number of bugs in the codebase that were causing issues with the Mac port:
- The AY-3-8910 audio chip core interface was modified to support up to 5 chips.
- A new command-line parameter, "-list", was added, which lists all supported games.
- The commanbd-line parameters "-vesa" and "-vesascan" were made mutually exclusive.
- sound_command_latch_r() was added, returning the last command issued if there are no pending commands.
- The CPU_AUDIO_CPU flag was added, for denoting what CPUs should be disabled when operating with -nosound.
- The update function for the AY-3-8910 audio chip was updated to not generate audio if sound is disabled.
Working Games Added