MAME 0.23 was released on 2 June 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Ishmair added a FM engine to support music Commando, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Diamonds. Since the synthesis is based on FM generation via OPL, you must have a SoundBlaster, Adlib, or compatible to get the music. However I heavily dislike this approach and I'm looking for documentation on FM generation. If anyone want to join to the party forward me a mail!
- Mirko Buffoni also fixed GALAGA hiscore saving, which is now flawlessy supported! ;)
- Steven Hugg provided a Williams games driver. Stargate, Robotron and Joust are currently supported and playable. However Robotron and Joust have some glitches yet.
- Tormod Tjaberg provided several modifications to Invaders Deluxe driver which has now Hi-score Name saving feature (the only one Space Invaders Emulator doing so at the moment!). All Invaders have now Tilt too. Keys and Dip Switch adjusted. REMEMBER TO DELETE PREVIOUS .DSW and .KEY FILES.
- Dock Cutlip fixed the colors in Pacman Plus so they are 100% arcade correct.
- Mirko Buffoni has fixed Seicross which is now playable and has music too. REMEMBER TO DELETE THE PREVIOUS .DSW FILE, AND SET "DEMO & DEBUG MODE" TO OFF.
- Mirko Buffoni also fixed Nibbler colors: I should say 100% correct colors, but I remember the Nibbler hairs were Green versus Purple. Maybe I played a bootleg version.
- Mirko Buffoni added Phoenix TPN clone ("phoenix3"). I have also added hiscore support to all Phoenix and Pleiads as well.
- Some fix to Popeye and Burgertime sound pitch.
- Modifications were done to M6809 emulator to support FIRQ.
- Changes were done to MSDOS.C to fix OSD_READ_KEY for people having problems with keyboard.
- Dip Switches and Key Settings are now selectable thru a menu system. F8 key is no longer supported.