MAME 0.26 was released on 14 July 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Patrick Lawrence did a great work adding trackball support to the main core system. Trackball is enabled with -trak parameter. Trackball support has been added to Centipede and Reactor.
- Mike Coates has joined the "back to quality" team. He added support for SeaWolf ]]* [[, and improved Space Zap and Gorf (which is still unplayable). Also Robby Roto is now fully playable (you'll need a bug free rom set).
- Eric Anschuetz fixed a bug in the joystick redefinition menu. Also added the selection support for Any Button ("A" key), and None ("N" key).
- Andrew Scott provided a better sound support for Phoenix. Melody is still missing, because Shaun's board doesn't have it.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed the Jump Bug driver which is now perfect. Colors are still wrong without proms.
- Valerio Verrando provided a new tweaked mode 256x232 for Crystal Castles. He also provided a new tweaked video mode to get vsynced 60Hz (perfect speed) with 256x256 games. It has horizontal clock recover (thus video is less mashed vertically, without having to modify monitor settings, and it doesn't be confused with 224x288 by monitors that remember settings. Really nice on scrolling games: try it with "-noscanlines -vsync -vgafreq 1"
- Fixed Commando dip switch bonus settings. Also fixed a setting in Ant Eater dipswitch.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh fixed the sound tempo speed in Elevator Action (tempo speed is 37.5Khz).
- Opcode decode and graphic decode are now done by a single function in one step.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh optimized the DrawGfx() function in case TRANSPARENCY_PEN and TRANSPARENCY_COLOR without remap, producing a speed increment of 22-25% (try yourself with Elevator Action!)
- Mauro Minenna introduced a new option (-dir4) that simplifies the use of the joysticks to be connected on the keyboard. This modify resolves the problem of diagonal direction in games such as PacMan, Popeye, and Kung Fu Master.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status