MAME 0.33b1 was released on 3 May 1998.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Li Jih Hwa fixed glitches in the Gemini Wing and Rygar.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed colors in Centipede, including service mode multiplexed color test.
- Fixed Atari System 1 games not accepting coins with -fm (actually -fm was supposed to be a no-op in this case since emulation of the YM2151 through OPL is not supported). You still have to keep sound on, however; disabling it will disable coins. Of course you can set the dip switches to Free Play and forget about coins.
- Brad Oliver fixed the Service mode in Centipede and Millipede.
- Brad Oliver added support for coin counters to some games.
- Increased the watchdog period, to avoid unexpected resets in some MCR games.
- Drivers which dynamically change the palette are no longer required to initialize it in convert_color_prom(); they also can avoid initializing the color table, if the default layout for it (a 1:1 mapping) fits their needs. This is also useful when starting new drivers: you don't need to provide a fake palette or prom conversion function, the graphics will be visible somehow (but badly, so you had better change the defaults soon ;-) ) Also, games using PROMs don't need to initialize the colortable if the GfxDecodeInfo structure is properly initialized to make the correspondence 1:1.
- For drivers using the GfxLayer system, dirty rectangle support is partially built-in into the core. The OS dependant rendering functions must use Machine->dirtylayer to know which portions of the screen need to be refreshed. Drivers which use the GfxLayer system no longer need the VIDEO_SUPPORTS_DIRTY flag in the MachineDriver structure - it must be turned on automatically by the OS dependant code.
- Changed the 6502 emulation to disable interrupts on a reset. Not sure if this is the correct behaviour, but Centipede needed it for the service mode to work.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status