MAME 0.34b1 was released on 16 August 1998.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Fixed colors in Fast Freddie (sorry... this slipped by in 0.33 final).
- Brad Oliver changed Mario Bros. so the screen bounces when you hit POW.
- Chris Moore made the enemies in TNZS visible, using the gfx ROMs from a new set (which is not supported yet).
- Paul Leaman fixed sticking sprites in Pnickies and Nemo.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed the original Elevator Action so it now works, using the 68705 mcu ROM which was missing. Since there is one additional CPU to emulate, it is slower than the bootleg version.
- Nicola Salmoria replaced Front Line with the complete set containing the 68705 code. It still doesn't work though.
- Mirko Buffoni replaced Golden Star with the original, encrypted set.
- Mike Coates fixed a bug in the NOT instruction of the 68000 core.
- Nicola Salmoria changed MAME so you can proceed from the "press OK to continue" screen by pushing left then right. You can also immediately quit by pressing ESC.
- Nicola Salmoria moved the Sega encryption code used by Flicky, Future Spy, and many others to machine/segacrpt.c.
- Nicola Salmoria added memory_region_length field to the RunningMachine structure. This could be useful for drivers which handle several games on similar hardware.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status