MAME 0.36b14 was released on 11 January 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added sprite multiplexing support in the Exidy440 games, this fixes Chiller's start screen.
- Fixed the internal orientation of the Cinematronics games, if you use artwork files for those games you'll have to manually flip them (or redownload).
- Phil Stroffolino improved Capcom Avengers, the wrong colors are caused by the protection.
- Takahiro Nogi added the noise generator to the Namco sound emulation.
- Nicola Salmoria removed *rom_decode and *opcode_decode from struct GameDriver. Decryption must now be handled by *driver_init. If opcodes and data are decrypted separately, remember to allocate a larger chunk of memory in the ROM declaration, decode the opcodes there, and call memory_set_opcode_base() to tell the memory system where the opcodes are. Note that this new system allows bank switching with encrypted ROMs, which wasn't possible before.
- Nicola Salmoria removed *hiscore_load and *hiscore_save from the GameDriver structure. To manage nvram/eeprom/cmos/etc the new *nvram_handler in struct MachineDriver must be used. High score save is temporarily disabled. It will be added again in a future release using an external .dat file.
- The struct GameDriver reorganization is finally complete. Drivers should now use the GAME() and GAMEX() macros and not directly the GameDriver structure. IMPORTANT FOR PORTERS: Note that the clone_of field now is not necessarily 0 even if the game is not a clone. If clone_of is not 0, to know if the game is a clone you have to check (clone_of->flags & NOT_A_DRIVER) is 0.
- Added OSD_FILETYPE_NVRAM.
- MachineDriver->frames_per_second is now a float.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING