MAME 0.36rc1 was released on 26 February 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria fixed sprite colors in Contra and other improvements to Konami 007121-based games.
- Aaron Giles fixed shadows in Gauntlet and other Atari games.
- Juergen Buchmueller changed MAME so samples are no longer needed in Stratovox, Battle Zone, Red Baron, Asteroids.
- Paolo Fiorani added -hotrod to the DOS version to select a more appropriate button configuration when NeoGeo games are played.
- The coin/start buttons are slightly changed. NOw they are layed out this way:
- 1,2,3,4 -> start 1,2,3,4
- 5,6,7,8 -> coin 1,2,3,4
- 9,0,-,= -> service coin 1,2,3,4
- The DOS version is now compiled with Allegro WIP 3.9.31.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed a rounding error in IPF_CENTER handling which caused problems with Centipede. Note, however, that it would be advisable to not use IPF_CENTER at all for trackball/dial inputs, since this is probably not how the hardware works in reality. For the same reason, also removed the "clip" parameter from the PORT_ANALOG() macro. Incidentally, this fixed Peek-a-Boo.
- Nicola Salmoria changed the struct GfxLayout so it can now be parametric on the size of the memory region it refers to. This way the same gfx definition can be used for games with the same layout but different number of tiles. See drivers/m72.c, drivers/dec0.c for usage examples.
- Only one of the two YM2151 emulators is linked, this is determined at compile time. The default is Jarek's, which is more accurate though a little slower. It can be replaced with Tatsuyuki's changing the makefile.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added