MAME 0.37b12 was released on 15 February 2001.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria fixed raster effects in mosyougi (title screen) and viewpoint (Sammy logo).
- Nicola Salmoria added accurate emulation of sprite multiplexing in Gyruss (also emulating the slave 6809) and Time Pilot.
- Shiriru added some fixes to the Cave games.
- Shica fixed the engine sound in After Burner.
- Olivier Galibert added a new set of functions for alpha blending support, used in Xexex. Porters: you have to support direct mapped 15 and 32 bits video modes. Remember to update osd_alloc_bitmap() too! See osdepend.h for the changes in osd_create_display() and osd_allocate_colors().
- Introduced the GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS flag for game drivers.
- The DOS version is now compiled with Allegro WIP 3.9.34, this fixes problems with the Sidewinder gamepad. GNU Binutils 188.8.131.52 might also be needed to compile.
- New filtering code for the audio mixer. It is applied to audio streams generated at a sampling rate different from the sound card's one, improving quality. Some examples with a very audible difference are: fantasy, polyplay, galaxian (the background effect when playing), nibbler, vanguard and all the Seta games.
- Andrea Mazzoleni changed the DOS version so the "resamplefilter" option can be used to turn the filtering off.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added