MAME 0.57 was released on 1 January 2002.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese fixed the colors in Battle City and Vs. Tetris, plus other fixes to the vsnes driver.
- Olivier Galibert added reverb to the 054539, improving sound in Xexex and Twinbee Yahhoo.
- Uki fixed the missing speech in Twinbee.
- Uki fixed the sound in Kirameki.
- New function get_black_pen() which allows to fillbitmap() the background with black without relying on a palette entry.
- Jarek Burczynski added SSG EG type support to the YM2203 emulation (which is now complete). This fixes hbarrel wave sound on start of level 1, and some sound effects in other games (e.g. Dark Seal).
- Bart fixed a bug in the nec V30 disassembler.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added