MAME 0.66 was released on 10 March 2003.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Suppi-Chan fixed samples in Pachinko Sexy Reaction
- cync made major improvements to the Namco NA sound emulation.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli made several improvements and game additions to the Nintendo VS and Playchoice drivers.
- Acho A. Tang contributed several fixes for Super Real Darwin
- New option -high_priority to increase the thread priority so MAME runs better while other programs are running. It is off by default because enabling it might make MAME use too much CPU time.
- Derrick Renaud and Keith Wilkins made a major update to the discrete sound system. This includes adjustable parameters controls in the UI, fixes to existing games, and new sound support in canyon, polaris, sprint and ultratnk.
- Bryan McPhail fixed some bugs in the I86/NEC CPU emulation. This includes raster effect problems in Geostorm and the 99 credits bug in Lethal Thunder.
- Now compiled with GCC 3.2.2. Removed the patch that was needed to work around a GCC 3.2 bug.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added