MAME 0.70u4 was released on 21 June 2003.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Phil Stroffolino changed the tilemap viewer so it now displays a more logical ordering for "tilemap#1", "tilemap#2", etc.
- Phil Stroffolino broadened the support for palette_offset, and made it work in tilemap viewer
- Phil Stroffolino made various Namco improvements
- Improved Namco road emulation
- Speedup when ROZ layer rapidly switches palettes (Metal Hawk 2nd stage)
- Window registers in namconb1 sprite drawing (fixes the "Tank" stage of Point Blank
- lots of consolidation/cleanup in vidhdrw/namcos2.c
- Brian Troha added a few Data East Rom Name Fixes / Board Info
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New TESTDRIVERS added