MAME 0.75 was released on 13 October 2003.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug in the time accounting for the V60 which was causing Outrunners to run with flickering sprites and slow music
- Kobat and Olivier Galibert fixed another V60 bug introduced in 0.74u2 which broke the v70 games (and further broke Outrunners)
- Aaron Giles fixed some bugs introduced with the timer system changes a while back
- Hopefully this is the last of them.... Fixes Exterminator and the Atari polygon games. Hopefully doesn't break anything in the process.
- changed scanline timing to use floor() to get consistent results
- fixed bug in time computation if requesting a scanline in the next frame
- removed 4x executes per loop which screwed up timing
- fixed internal interrupt generation to get consistent timing results
- now uses the active callback as a base time when adjusting timers outside of a CPU context
- fixed all the games again, but they are slower now due to more necessary interleaving
- Nathan Woods contributed various fixes
- Fixes a screenshot handling bug that affected Space Invaders
- Moves the MESS specific code into a separate module, reducing #ifdef clutter
- Moved some variable declarations out of for loops so that it can compile in non-GCC compilers
- Fixes REP CMPSW so that it uses words and not bytes
- Adds a call cpuintrf_set_dasm_override() that gives drivers the ability to customize disassemblies. This probably isn't very useful for MAME, but it is useful for MESS for things like software interrupts used for BIOS calls.
- Increases the size of the buffer used when logerror() output goes to OutputDebugString()
- Moves config.c externs to a header file
- Adds another call, cli_rc_create(), which creates MAME's rc struct for use elsewhere. (I'm actually creating a debug time consistency check feature for MAME32, to verify at runtime that the arguments that MAME32 has are consistent with MAME's).
- When rc_destroy() is now called, freed pointers to strings and files will now be NULLed out.
- Stefan Jokisch overhauled the Canyon Bomber driver with a number of minor fixes like correct RAM size and VBLANK duration.
- hiscore reset button added
- sprite positions should be fixed according to the schems
- language ROM added (i.e. the language dip works now)
- prototype set renamed from canbprot to canyonp
- sedn improved sample loading in Super Chase
- Lawrence Gold replaced instances of "inline", "static inline", and "static __inline" with "INLINE". This fixes some build problems with xmame and makes things more consistent.
- Guru corrected CPU speeds etc. in snowbros.c
- Reversed inptport.c changes to MAME 0.74u1 as the version in MAME 0.74u2 wasn't correcly merged, these will need resubmitting
- Phil Stroffolino made some namcos22 improvements
- fixes to display list processing (affects Prop Cycle ending)
- gouraud shading
- misc improvements for the not-working games
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING