MAME 0.80u1 was released on 11 March 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles improved the discrete sound system / sound in HitMe
- new node type DISCRETE_LOGIC_DFLIPFLOP
- changed the way multichannel output is done; affects some existing drivers
- support for up to 16 channels of sound
- Also included is a new Hit Me driver
- discrete sound support for Hit Me
- fixed incorrect video (missing scanlines and inverting logic)
- added controls to handle card width and game/sound speed
- cleaned up memory maps
- Nathan Woods made a change related to MESS's mouse device (within #ifdef MESS)
- Quench added sound supoprt in Varia Metal
- Bryan McPhail fixed the opcode view which in some cases displayed too many bytes on 32 bit CPUs such as 68020 and Hyperstone
- Mariusz Wojcieszek contributed ST-V fixes:
- improved scaling tilemap backgrounds. Vfkids, colmns97 and vfremix backgrounds are better now.
- fixed a problem where entering and existing service mode during game causes master / slave communication to fail. It turned out that slave cpu should be reset when it is turned off and on. This helps all games in driver.
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING