MAME 0.83 was released on 5 June 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods made misc changes:
- Switched input_port_allocate() to use auto_malloc(), removing the need for input_port_free()
- Added an optional definition for the S_ISDIR macro for when it is not present
- Mariusz Wojcieszek updated the ST-V driver:
- added VDP2 layer disabling based on VRAM cycle pattern registers - fixes gfx glitches in shanhigw title screen
- added VDP1 half transparency - improves sprites alpha blending in shanhigw in-game
- added VDP1 Gouraud shading (for normal sprites only) - adds highlighting for selected tiles in shanhigw
- Curt Coder changed some names + years in segac2.c and playch10.c
- Tomasz Slanina updated the tecmosys driver: emulates some parts of vidhrdw but games still don't work due to protection?
- Ian Patterson fixed a cheat engine bug preventing assignment of controller buttons as activation keys
- Charles MacDonald udpated the Sega System 16/18:
- Added MSM5205 sample playback to tturfbl.
- Added MSM5205 sample playback to shdancbl.
- smf updated the PSX driver:
- heavens gate graphics issues & correct loading / banking.
- correct loading for super football champ ( now it's stuck in test mode ) and
- added later world version.
- taito fx1 watchdog ( address is unconfirmed, but hopefully soon ).
- pasted in taito fx1a readme
- pal support for mess.
- horizontal start/end
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING