MAME 0.87u4 was released on 16 October 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Olivier Galibert fixed bugs introduced in u3 causing Atari / Midway drivers to crash
- René Single changed where source filename based config files are stored to avoid conflicts with set name configs
- Brad Oliver changed the static function implementations in memory.h to inline
- Andrew Gardner and Andrew Zaferakis made improvements to Hyper Neogeo 64 rendering, 3d graphics can now be seen although emulation is still incomplete and Fatal Fury WA still needs a hack to boot
- Nicola Salmoria added code to decrypt FD1094 CPU 317-0092 in states 0x00-0xff (0x00 is reset, 0x10 is IRQ) this is the CPU used by tetris, code is not hooked up yet
- Juergen Buchmueller changed instr86.c: in the cpu/i86 code emulating the CMPSW instruction there is what seems to be a cut+paste bug: It calls the SUBB() macro where it should call SUBW(). Line 524 of instr86.c.
New games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING