MAME 0.88u2 was released on 31 October 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria made further improvements to the FD1094 decryption, this is now almost fully understood, additional FD1094 cpus are needed to work out the remaining details. Keys are now stored in the romsets as they should be a close representation of the data stored in the FD1094 CPUs
- ShinobiZ corrected some rom names in Crowns Golf
- Gerald corrected some rom names in Pengo
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli improved the Mighty Warriors driver
- Added sprites buffer which fixed the "invisible" sprites
- Fixed text tilemap scrollx offset
- Haze added palette brightness
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli improved Twin Brats:
- Fixed sound banking
- Changed service switch button
- Changed visible area
- Merged memory map
- Aaron Giles moved the gamename prefixes to end in pc10, nss and megatech
- Derrick Renaud improved the discrete sound system
- Discrete Sound Changes
- DISCRETE_555_ASTABLE - added option to use quick charge diode (will be needed for frogs.) Added option to disable oscillation if R1 (charge) is out of circuit (will be needed by invaders.)
- DISCRETE_555_CC - modified to discharge cap due to natural losses if there is no charging current (needed by frogs). This makes it more accurate then the current perfect cap that will retain a charge forever.
- modified all current drivers to use new code.
- New Discrete Modules Added
- DISCRETE_555_MSTABLE - 555 Monostable simulation
- Game Driver Changes
- frogs - added sound hooks. Added discrete "tongue" sound effect.
- Frank Palazzolo improved the Astrocade driver:
- Professor Pacman Driver - works but fails 2 self-tests yet
- Fixed collision detection in all games
- Added NVRAM handling to robby (and profpac) - still not working always but self-tests pass.
- Fixed bugs in astrocade sound code
- Switched astrocade sound to stream system
- Support stereo in wow, robby, gorf, profpac (Sounds great now!!)
- Leds and coin counters added
- All activecpu_get_reg() calls from astrocde games have been replaced with proper 16-bit Z80 port support through memory system
- Renamed sndhrdw/astrocde.c to sndhrdw/wow.c since it is game-specific
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING