MAME 0.88u7 was released on 20 November 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles made many improvements to the Sega System Pre16,16a,16b,18 drivers:
- Drivers cleaned up
- Most known video issues are now fixed: Alien Storm, DDCrew, Clutch Hitter, Laser Ghost, Cotton and many others have greatly improved video.
- Alien Storm is fully playable
- DD Crew is fully playable but requires inputs to be fixed (currently only service coin and controls for 1 player work)
- Laser Ghost would probably be playable if the controls were correctly hooked up
- Moonwalker requires improvements to the MCU emulation
- We will now accept bug reports at Mametesters.org for any games running on the following drivers: segas16a.c, segas16b.c, segas18.c
- Most of the bootlegs are still running on system16.c, please do not report bugs for these, nor for outrun or afterburner hardware.
- Chris Hardy decrypted more Sega sets: mvpj, dcclubfd, etc.
- Nathan Woods patched the M6803: Modified M6803 CPU core to use an internal memory map
- MAME32Plus improved the sample support for rockola driver
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING