MAME 0.9 was released on 9 March 1997.
The known contributors for this version are, in first-name alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Backgrounds in Zaxxon (set 1) were fixed, albeit running slowly on a 486/100.
- F12 to take a screenshot was fixed so that it works in the F4 tileset viewer.
- The frame rate counter and unthrottling behavior were changed to their current functionality: F11 toggles the frame rate counter, and F10 toggles unthrottling.
- The memory mapping system was updated such that memory is separated into different regions dedicated to a given purpose (CPU, graphics, and so on) and is dynamically allocated when loading ROMs. The option to dispose a graphics region once the ROMs are loaded and converted was also added.
- A new parameter, rom_decode, was added to ROM definitions, its purpose being to allow the driver author the option to specify a function that will decrypt or otherwise decode a given ROM upon loading. Additionally, all ROMs were made to decrypt into an entirely separate region for the sake of optimization.
- The MachineDriver structure was modified in anticipation of supporting multiple CPUs.
Working Games Added