MAME 0.90 was released on 4 January 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Derrick Renaud and Frank Palazzolo added new Discrete Sound Functionality DISCRETE_OP_AMP_FILTER - properly emulated DISC_OP_AMP_FILTER_IS_BAND_PASS_1M type filter. Used by many games. Re-wrote atafifb and abaseb to use component value only code and use new filter.
- Nicola Salmoria updates the Super Qix driver:
- manually repaired the ROM code and added support for the I8751 MCU, so the two original sets work.
- swapped sqix and sqixa, because the the former was dumped from a bootleg board (though there's no reason to believe the ROMs were modified, so I didn't mark it as bootleg)
- merged with pbillian
- fixed pbillian/hotsmash sample playback
- fixed pbillian MCU simulation and inputs
- improved hotsmash MCU simulation, the game is playable now though still incomplete.
- Nicola Salmoria updated the Bubble Bobble driver:
- removed the 68705 CPU emulation, since that's not what the original used
- simulated the 68701 MCU
- enemy movement should now be correct (bublbobl36rc2yel)
- fixed clock item behaviour. Now enemies start moving again after 10 seconds (bublbobl36b3yel)
- supported coin lockout
- emulated the boblbobl protection device, getting rid of the ROM patches.
- adjusted PSG volume in tokio (tokiob067gre)
- Nathan Woods fixed the undocumented bit test opcodes in hd6309 cpu core
- Nathan Woods did some i386 cpu core fixes:
- Fixed algorithm for identifying 32-bit segments
- Near branches now won't force a segment reload
- Implemented RET imm16 under 16-bit mode
- Fixed SBB instruction (the borrow was deducted from the second operand, not the result)
- Fixed LDS, LSS, LES, LFS, LGS under 32-bit mode
- Partially implemented LLDT, LTR, CLTS, WAIT and MOV dr instructions
- Nathan Woods renamed arcadia machine/vidhrdw/include files from arcadia.* to amiga.*
- chaneman fixed Vs. Stroke & Match Golf name
- Angelo Salese did some ST-V fixes:
- Fixed various DMA bugs, including a missing save/update mode in indirect mode and added a default add value for the A-Bus transfer, to avoid strange uploads.
- Further improved the SCU emulation, added two unemulated irqs (PAD and SCSP), improved the "illegal" DMA operations and started to work out with the games headers.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli and Tomasz Slanina submitted Hyperstone cpu core fixes:
- Added and fixed the timer and removed the hack
- Fixed delayed branching for delay instructions longer than 2 bytes
- ElSemi added SE3208 cpu core emulation
- R. Belmont fixed a itech32 driver crash on AMD64 cpus
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING