MAME 0.90u2 was released on 12 January 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods slightly changed the Arcadia Driver: Refactored code specific to the Arcadia arcade system and the Amiga computer out of src/machine/amiga.c into callbacks. This allowed me to get rid of all #ifdef MESS code out of src/machine/amiga.c
- Angelo Salese committed ST-V updates:
- Fixed a bug with the VDP-1 ram reading, SH-2 can do byte or word access, it's implicit that can't do long word access. This fixes the Steep Slope Sliders booting so the game now works.
- VDP-1 PTM's "draw by request" was actually causing sprites to flicker in kiwames,reversed back to old implementation until I or somebody else understand what the current issue is (clear_framebuffer?)
- Finished the game header update,let me know if you like/don't like the system used for the description of the games.
- fixed a ST-V visible area incorrectness which was causing Virtual Mahjong 2 to crash after the sound ram check
- fixed a window effect bug in Double-density interlace mode,this fixes some graphics in vmahjong & myfairld.
- Guessed a bitmap positioning issue in double-density interlace mode,this fixes the NBG1 positioning in myfairld.
- My Fair Lady now works but only with sound disabled.I have not removed the NOT_WORKING status due to that.
- Derrick Renaud added new sound functionality
- Took Frank Palazzolo's DISCRETE_FILTER2 code and made it work outside of the discrete system. See sound\filter.h for new functions.
- Added op-amp bandpass filtering circuit to sound\namco54.c
- Game Driver Changes
- bosco, galaga, polepos, xevious - added proper filters to new Namco54 noise source.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed a Priority bug in Kid Niki and fixed crash on last level
- Nathan Woods patched the G65816 CPU core: Cleaned up the code a bit; make some functions static and added step over/out support to the disassembler.
- Ville Linde updated the Model 3 driver:
- PowerPC core:
- Better interrupt handling. Nested interrupts work properly.
- Some support for PPC602
- Major bugfixes
- Added some unimplemented opcodes
- 53c810 SCSI:
- Fixed single-stepping mode DMA
- Added memory moves and DMA callback
- Model 3:
- Added Epson RTC-72421 emulation
- Preliminary polygon emulation
- Preliminary (not working yet) sound emulation
- Too much to list :) Most Step 1.x games show
- something now, up to and including full 3D.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status