MAME 0.96u2 was released on 16 May 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added the ability to specify internal read/write handlers for CPUs so that the new debugger can view internal RAM. Hooked this up for the TMS32025 core.
- Aaron Giles fixed window mode 1 in the TMS34010 core, as well as bugs that prevented misaligned stack accesses from working and a bug that didn't force the PC to be 16-bit aligned.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug in MAC instructions in the TMS32025 core. Also fixed cycle counting problems that led to inaccurate internal timers.
- Nicola Salmoria made several Taito SJ sprite fixes:
- Fixed sprite priorites. This fixes several priority issues in Tin Star, Elevator Action, High Way Race, and the car wrapping around in Elevator Action at the end of a level.
- Added sprite clipping at the sides of the screen. This was verified to happen on the real board, and it affects bullets wrapping around in Elevator Action. I'm only 99% sure that the clipping is correct this way :)
- Fixed sprite hardware collision detection. This fixes the last round in Pirate Pete, bonuses in Alpine Ski, end of level 1 in Water Ski.
- Bryan McPhail made several Volfied fixes:
- Fixed visible area.
- Fixed rom names.
- Improved c-chip simulation - accurate timing and correct colour data for all levels.
- Curt Coder added the ability to clear an input configure via the delete key.
- Nathan Woods rewrote the 8255 PPI mode 2 support, and hooked 8255 to buckrog properly.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli hooked up the MSM5205 to Goal! '92 and to Euro League (bootleg), but it doesn't sound too good yet.
- Sonikos changed xday2 to use default namcona1 joystick inputs. With those, if you wait the initial test to finish, you can play it.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli added support for Single monitor Playchoice 10 BIOS. Since the core doesn't allow you to change aspect ratio or remove dual monitor flag at run-time, the game always runs in the upper part of the screen.
- Nathan Woods added a -debugscript command line parameter that invokes a debugger script on startup
- Nathan Woods modified the MIPS DRC core to disable optimizations when mame_debug is on. This makes it easier to run comparative traces when running both with and without MIPS DRC enabled.
- Nicola Salmoria simplified the decryption code in the sun8 driver, and made some improvements to the Brick Zone main set.
- Nathan Woods patched the non-DRC PPC core to compile properly when not all PPC cores (403, 602, 603) are enabled. Implemented fcmpo instruction.
- Aaron Giles swapped the On Screen Display and Config Menu items so that accidental key configuration changes don't kill your ability to get to the menu by default.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING