MAME 0.96u3 was released on 24 May 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Luca Elia added shadow effects to the SSV driver.
- Aaron Giles simplified additive path in slapstic code. This should not impact any games that use it, but it is worth verifying.
- Angelo Salese made improvements to The Couples driver: Improved the video hardware, added a preliminary PPI8255 + inputs interface, added a better workaround of the $b011 jump, and added sound. Now the game is somewhat playable, but there are still some problems in the game.
- Brian Troha fixed DIP switches in several games:
- Dream Soccer '94
- Major Title
- Seibu Cup Soccer
- Caveman Ninja (World & US)
- Spinal Breakers
- Play Girl 2
- Aaron Giles added 'find' command to the new debugger for performing memory searches.
- Nathan Woods added better debugging support to the the MIPS and PPC cores.
- R. Belmont hooked up the light gun properly in Golgo 13.
- Tomasz Slanina fixed sprites, controls, colors, sound, many graphics problems in Panic Road, but still not working.
- Aaron Giles fixed TMS34010 reverse blitters so they didn't perform extraneous source memory fetches.
- Andrew Church changed the old debugger so it no longer forces the memory display to 16-bit words regardless of the size specified with the M command.
- Bryan McPhail fixed OKI sample rate in Dark Seal/Crude Buster. Attempted to fix Vapor Trail dropped sound commands.
- Nathan Woods changed trace and traceover commands so they can append to existing files by placing '>>' before the filename.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING