MAME 0.98u3 was released on 31 July 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added step in/out support to the Z80 disassembler.
- Aaron Giles made some more minor fixes to System 32 sprites.
- Aaron Giles changed the memory display in the debugger so that it doesn't lock to where the cursor is. Also fixed it so that it can align against odd addresses.
- Aaron Giles made some minor cleanup to the Police Trainer driver.
- Aaron Giles made some progress on Double Cheese, still not playable.
- Weisse Eins fixed some problems in Power Spikes bootleg.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed the 4th player inputs and added 1 frame delay for sprites in goal92.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli added a coin counter and fixed sound adding the 2 sample chips in Tecmo Bowl.
- Mamesick cleaned up and fixed input ports for all games in the suprnova driver.
- Roman Scherzer fixed a crash in MAME if 0-length data block was found in a WAV file.
- smf changed the windows code so the map file isn't loaded unless the profiler is enabled. This stops you running out of memory when the memory tracking is enabled.
- James Wallace fixed the unknown DIP switches in Merlin's Money Maze.
- Mamesick corrected the visible area in esckids.
- Manfred Schneider made improvements to the S2650 core:
- Fixed LPSU opcode
- Changed cycle counts to match technical documentation
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added