MAME 0.99u2 was released on 14 August 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles made more input port cleanups:
- Fixed input port handlers that used the port_tag_to_handler calls.
- Simplified the reading/writing of input ports so they work more reliably.
- Only write changed settings to the .cfg files.
- Fixed saving of analog port configurations.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli added flipscreen to Pop Bingo. Added some disable registers for tilemaps/sprites (fixing the bug in lastday demo).
- BUT adjusted the Namco CUS30 noise frequency.
- BUT fixed input ports in djmain.
- R. Belmont made several Konami improvements:
- Added support for "external memory address" registers on the YMZ280B, which can be used to read the contents of attached ROM or RAM.
- Hooked up the mask ROM tests in the service menu - both the tile character ROMS and the sound ROMs now can be tested.
- Added secondary control register.
- Hooked up IRQ control.
- Renamed ROMs for both games to include PCB location information.
- Juergen Buchmueller improved the DECO cassette games:
- Treasure Island graphics ROMs (overlay board) mapped according to findings by debugging the game code.
- Swapped image names for ctislnd2 and ctislnd3 to match the driver names; ctislnd3 is the not yet working set; removed IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS flag.
- Found bitswap for Zeroize type #3 dongle; found hack to get it running w/o the dongle ROM by debugging the game code; changed year to 1983; removed NOT_WORKING flag.
- Ville Linde updated the SHARC core and Model 2 driver:
- Reworked the SHARC internal ram implementation so that multiple instances of the core work.
- Added data address space
- Added coprocessor input and output FIFO's to Model 2.
- Updated Konami zr107, gticlub, nwk-tr, hornet to work with the SHARC changes
- Ville Linde improved the Seibu SPI driver:
- Fixed sprite priority issues
- Added support for pen-based alpha to sprites and tilemaps. It's currently using fixed alpha table for all games, but this seems to break some games, so it probably isn't correct.
- Derrick Renaud fixed the discrete sound 555 timer modules when using actual DC mode.
- Ville Linde added a low-frequency oscillator (LFO) to the YMF271 emulator.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli made improvements to the dcon driver:
- Fixed sprites - sprites priorities
- Fixed sprites - tilemaps priorities
- Added wrap around and flipy in sprites
- Tim Lindner fixed 6309 division instructions overflow behavior on the HD6309.
- Ville Linde fixed more YMF271 issues:
- The mix buffer pointer was not being reset between two 2-operator FM sounds, causing missing sounds.
- Fixed some bugs in the phase modulation of FM sounds
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING