MAME 0.99u4 was released on 24 August 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added memory card and cheat menus back into the system.
- Aaron Giles fixed a MNG recording problem that was introduced in u3.
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash when running vector games that was introduced in u3.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up/normalized the naming of several core structures in an attempt to impose some order on coding conventions in the core code:
- struct InputPortDefinition -> input_port_default_entry
- struct InputPort -> input_port_entry
- struct RegionInfo -> region_info
- struct RunningMachine -> running_machine
- struct GameOptions -> global_options
- struct GameDriver -> game_driver
- struct InternalMachineDriver -> machine_config
- struct MachineCPU -> cpu_config
- struct MachineSoundRoute -> sound_route
- struct MachineSound -> sound_config
- struct MachineSpeaker -> speaker_config
- struct RomModule -> rom_entry
- struct SystemBios -> bios_entry
- struct GfxLayout -> gfx_layout
- struct GfxElement -> gfx_element
- struct GfxDecodeInfo -> gfx_decode
- Plus many others along the same lines (follow the pattern). Note that this work is not yet complete. In addition, a few of the more pervasive structs (mame_bitmap, rectangle) will be left until a non-diff release (0.100).
- Aaron Giles removed -skip_disclaimer since it automatically goes away after the first time execution.
- Alex Jackson created a new NMK112 ROM banking module and connected it up to a number of drivers that made use of it. Affected games are in cave.c, nmk16.c, powerins.c, quizpani.c, toaplan2.c.
- Nathan Woods fixed the PULUW instruction on the 6309 disassembler.
- Tim Lindner fixed the state save facility play better on multisession ports if initialization fails.
New clones added