MAME 0.37b6 was released on 20 August 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- I hope you didn't throw away unused PROMs from your archives.
- David Widel upgraded the DOS version so instead of the internal game name, you can use on the command line the .zip file name, it can also include path, so for example MAME G:\MyBoards\pacman.zip will be equivalent to MAME pacman -rompath G:\MyBoards
- Juergen Buchmueller made several changes to have the debugger run in the game screen under DOS. The debugger display is now entirely rendered in the core using a standard bitmap, instead of relying on the OS dependant code to simulate a character mapped display. It's entirely up to the OS dependant code what to do with the game and debug bitmaps. They can be shown one at a time (giving the user a means to switch between them), or in two separate windows. osd_debugger_focus() is used to request that one of the two bitmaps be made visible to the user. Under DOS, you can switch at any time between the game and debugger display by pressing F5. Changes affecting porters are:
- osd_set_display() removed
- osd_set_screen_size() removed
- osd_screen_update() removed
- osd_wait_keypress() removed
- osd_debugger_focus() added
- osd_dbg.h removed
- osd_update_video_and_audio() has extra debug_bitmap argument
- osd_allocate_colors() has parameters for the debugger palette
- mamedbg.c no longer requires clock_t and clock()
- Removed osd_poll_joysticks(). Ports requiring polling of the joystick can do so in osd_update_video_and_audio().
- Tim Lindner added true HD6309 emulation (instead of using the M6809).
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added