MAME 0.90u1 was released on 8 January 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria and Charles MacDonald FD1089 decryption:
- 100% accurate emulation of FD1089A, FD1089B should be considered 99% because it will have to be verified with other CPUs (it is 100% for all currently supported games).
- complete tables provided by Charles MacDonald for 317-0018 (Action Fighter), 317-0022 (Dunk Shot), 317-0168 (Aurail).
- partial tables derived by comparison with the unencrypted versions for Enduro Racer, Alex Kidd, 317-0024 (Time Scanner), 317-0033 (Alien Syndrome, 3 versions), 317-0027 (SDI). (actual working cpus are needed to obtain full tables)
- Aaron Giles completed a big Sega Update:
- dunkshot graphics correct, controls hooked up
- sdioj controls hooked up
- timescna sprites fixed
- shangona, shangnle now playable
- toutrun road fixed
- all memory mapping code unified and moved into machine/segaic16.c
- all tilemap, sprite, and road code unified and moved into vidhrdw/segaic16.c
- improved documentation on the various register layouts on the video side
Note that in the process, he broke the title screen animation for Laser Ghost, and there is now a 1-pixel column error on ddcrew's attract mode. These are known issues that I will try to address soon.
- Chris Kirmse has taken out the resource file from the windows objs when UI=1 (for MAME32)
- Derrick Renaud improved Polaris sound (real board differs from Schematics)
- Nathan Woods fixed the m6509 core to appease the new compiler.
- Mariusz Wojcieszek contributed Arcadia Update
- fixed DMACON register writing
- added horizontal scrolling for playfield
- improved coin handling
- fixed area filling mode in blitter
- kludged ar_dart to work (addind sound emulation shoud make kludge obsolete)
- fixed attached sprites rendering
- fixed CIA registers reading
- improved vblank/video update timing
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status