MAME 0.100u4 was released on 6 October 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont committed more NSS updates. This is mostly for MESS's benefit but nss_ncaa improves from it too.
- SPC700: Fixed operand order for SBC to memory
- SNESHW: Implemented unknown DMA & HDMA modes
- SNESHW: Fixed SRAM sizing (used as protection in some games)
- SNESHW: Boosted interleave
- Fixed scroll registers to work like real hardware
- Fixed timing of OAM address reset and range/time over reset to better match real hardware
- Fixed missing "break" for HDMA mode 5
- Fixed behavior of OLDJOYx registers when auto-read is enabled
- Anonymous changed break/watchpoints in the new debugger to display in hex.
- Mamesick merged the ctribe machine driver with ddragon3.
- Bryan McPhail fixed the flipscreen in TC0100, which improves Liquid Kids.
- R. Belmont updated the 65816 and 37710 cores:
- Fixed both CPUs to set the data bank register to the destination on an MVN/MVP
- Some minor tweeks so the debugger works properly when the 65816 is executing out of a read handler (as it always is for the SNES)
- Kevin Jonas filled in the missing asteroids DIP switches.
- Ville Linde updated the I386 core:
- Added i486, Pentium and Cyrix MediaGX CPUs
- Replaced the opcode tables with a dynamically built one
- Rewrote the cycle counting to support different CPUs
- Added page translation
- Tons of bugfixes
Also updated the SPI driver to work with these changes.
- Brian Troha cleaned up the taito_f2 driver:
- Converted what I could to port_include and port_modify
- Fixed a few rom names and standardized names add a PCB layout.
- Changed the sound CPU to 240000/6 and the YM2610 to 240000/3 as there is no 16MHz OSC on the PCB. Only a 26.686 & 24.000 MHz chips.
- David Haywood added some basic zooming support to the gstriker/twcup94 driver.
- Buddabing improved accuracy of joystick types reported in -listxml.
- Aaron Giles added "Uptime" to the bookkeeping info displayed in the UI.
- Aaron Giles added a new driver flag: GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE, to indicate drivers which have save state support that is supposed to work. Attempting to save state on a game without this flag will give a warning. Save state-related bugs may be filed against drivers with this flag set.
- Aaron Giles removed the GAMEX and GAMEBX macros. The flags parameter has been moved into the GAME and GAMEB macros and these are used for all games.
- Aaron Giles converted a few more drivers over to using the new memory_configure_bank calls.
- Aaron Giles added save state support to the Cinematronics vector sound hardware and to the Z80 CTC system. Also fixed QB3 banking when used with save states. Marked all the games in cinemat.c with GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE.
- Aaron Giles added save state support to the TMS5220 chip. Added missing registers to the 6800 core's save state. Cleaned up 6821 PIA initialization and save state registration. Marked all the games in mcr.c with GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE.
- Aaron Giles changed ui_popup to display longer by default for longer messages.
- Aaron Giles added new option -autosave which automatically loads a game at startup and saves it at exit time for any game which is explicitly marked with GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE. For other games, this option has no effect.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING