MAME 0.101u1 was released on 13 October 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- sonikos balanced the sound in Final Tetris, Boogie Wings, B.C. Story, Metal Saver.
- cync made some improvements to M37710, C352 and NamcoNA sound.
- Philip Bennett corrected CPS1 frequencies based on measurements from a real PCB.
- Aaron Giles made a significant change to the memory system. RAM areas are now no longer allocated out of the memory_region for a given CPU. This means that drivers which assume that RAM is located at some offset to the base of the memory region will be broken.
- Aaron Giles added save state information for streams so that dynamic volume changes get properly restored. Unfortunately this breaks all existing save states.
- Aaron Giles added save state support to the HC55516 sound chip. Added save state support to the Williams sound boards. Added save state support to games in the mcr3.c and mcr68.c drivers, marking them as GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE.
- Aaron Giles changed timer_alloc_ptr-style timers so that the pointer parameter is supplied at allocation time and is not changeable. This makes these timers more easily supported in save states.
- Aaron Giles fFixed missing save state registrations in the m6809 CPU core.
- Aaron Giles deferred state loading until all anonymous timers have cleared. This fixes issues where the timers would fire after the load and would clobber data that was just loaded.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up and fully mapped the Williams sound boards. Also added save state support to them.
- Aaron Giles added save state support to the classic Williams drivers, marking them as GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING