MAME 0.102 was released on 14 November 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria fixed a status flag from MCU in Taito SJ games, fixing the last digit of the score in Front Line.
- Ville Linde committed many fixes to the SHARC core and Konami PPC drivers.
- Mathias Rosenhauer fixed save/restore of 8253 PIT. Also several updates to Top Gunner:
- Removed shift register since it just seems to be needed to compensate for different DAC speeds
- Added 8254 PIT from PC emulation
- Added state saving
- Nathan Woods fixed the 6502 initialization so that all internal states are reset properly.
- Aaron Giles changed the makefile so that debug objects are not compiled on non-debug builds.
- Aaron Giles marked most gfx_layout and gfx_decode structures in the code as const.
- Aaron Giles fixed handling of the FR bit in the Status register on MIPS3. This fixes a few problems in CarnEvil, and probably affects a few other games as well. Also fixed bug where TLB exceptions were not filling in the Context and EntryHi registers correctly.
- Aaron Giles removed ROMREGION_SOUNDONLY. Since -nosound no longer disables sound CPUs or sound cores (and hasn't for a while), failing to load sound ROMs was only leading to crashes.
- Aaron Giles implemented pixel-accurate dithering in the Voodoo emulation.
- Aaron Giles renamed my_stricmp to mame_stricmp, converted all uses of stricmp in the code to call mame_stricmp, and #defined stricmp to something invalid to prevent code from using it in the future.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added