MAME 0.103u1 was released on 4 January 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- smf committed a major cleanup/rewrite of the Berzerk driver:
- merged memory & io read/write maps.
- video ram & magic ram share the same memory.
- hooked up nvram in frenzy memory map.
- emulates magic ram shifter/flopper with 9 74LS153's as per the schematics.
- emulates magic ram alu with 2 74LS181's hardwired to logic mode as per the schematics.
- 74LS181 emulation based on the logic diagram from the datasheet, supporting logic mode & arithmetic mode
- Bryan McPhail fixed Thunderstrike interrupts, visible area, and raster updates.
- Bryan McPhail updated the ARM core:
- Fixed software interrupts.
- Fixed several mode change bugs.
- Preliminary coprocessor support.
- Bryan McPhail and Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed some issues in the Deco driver:
- Deco MLC video hardware near perfect for the most part, however no game works properly because of an unemulated math coprocessor attached to the DE156 chip.
- Deco 32: Night Slashers pretty much perfect apart from lack of sound.
- Deco 32: Some graphics fixes for Tattoo Assassins.
- Deco 156: Heavy Smash pretty much perfect.
- Atari Ace tagged a number of constant arrays in the source as static.
- Rob Bohms and Charles MacDonald fixed many H6280/PCE issues:
- fixed cases where sprites could render outside of the buffer
- added VRAM to VRAM DMA (Charles)
- multiple h6280 fixes (Charles)
- provided functions to correctly handle VRAM accesses for the entire 128K range (Charles)
- added some of the I/O buffer bits from the hardware page
- fixed h6280 IRQ ranges to support proper mirroring
- hooked up h6280 IRQs to the PC Engine
- corrected sprite-to-sprite rendering priorities.
- partially enforce 16 sprite limit
- Atari Ace fixed out-of-bounds array writes in the v810 core.
- Nathan Woods moved several BCD and date-related functions into mamecore.h.
- Sonikos fixed the OKI frequency in Super Model.
- Nathan Woods added PowerPC MMU code, but enabled only for MESS due to breakage of the Model 3 games.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING