MAME 0.103u4 was released on 26 January 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods updated the Intel i386/i486/Pentium cores:
- Fixed A20 mask implementation
- Added A20 mask to debugger translate callback
- Implemented Pentium opcode CMPXCHG8B
- Fixed XADD, and added support for the 8 and 16 bit variants
- Nathan Woods changed the debug view property code to pass property values as unions rather than void pointers, in order to appease compilers that whine about strict aliasing.
- Nathan Woods fixed a resource allocation issue with bitmaps in the Windows code and MESS.
- Atari Ace removed a number of unnecessary video_stop and machine_stop routines.
- Corrado Tomaselli fixed inputs on Ninja Spirit and the Sega System 16b driver to match the JAMMA button ordering.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed the Hyperstone core:
- Removed nested delays
- Don't allow software opcodes to be executed in a delay slot
- Derrick Renaud added/changed the following discrete modules:
- DISCRETE_WAVELOG - easy way to log discrete nodes as a .wav file to compare against scope waveforms.
- DISCRETE_OUTPUT - added a final gain parameter to get it to 16 bit wav level. (The old VOL setting was disabled after the last sound re-write.)
- David Haywood fixed graphics banking in 8751-based Altered Beast sets.
- Aaron Giles added stream_set_sample_rate() call, and converted the TMS5110, TMS5220, ES5505/6, BSMT2000, AY8910, POKEY, TIA, Sega PCM/Multi-PCM, SN76496, OKIM6295, and YMZ280B sound cores to output at their native sample rates, allowing the core sound system to perform over/re-sampling to the output rate.
- Aaron Giles moved CHD file access routines to fileio.c.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING