MAME 0.104u2 was released on 16 February 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont hooked up the MCU ROM properly in the System 23 games.
- Oshah added save state support to Night Driver (still needs save state support in the discrete core to be 100%).
- Nathan Woods contributed miscellaneous cleanups to the 8255 PPI code; changed some 'int' types to 'offs_t' and 'UINT8'. Added ppi8255_get_portA/B/C() functions. Also fixed some formatting problems.
- R. Belmont updated the M37710 core:
- Fixed LDM behavior when executing outside of bank 0
- Fixed various global bugs when executing outside of bank 0
- Fixed so top 8 bits of X & Y are preserved when in 8-bit index mode
- Fixed some disassembly errors
- Added save state support
- Added M37702 alias for documentation purposes
- R. Belmont updated the Namco System 22 driver:
- Necessary changes to System 22 games to use the real C74 BIOS for music/sound
- Added system controller register to boot the C74
- Speedup cheat for the CPU board C74
- Promoted Ace Driver from NO_SOUND to IMPERFECT_SOUND
- Atari Ace made declarations and variables in a number of drivers static and const to reduce global namespace pollution. Fixed a number of multiply-defined global variables.
- Nathan Woods added state save support to the Jaleco MegaSystem 32 and YMF271 sound core.
- Derrick Renaud fixed Windows rendering code bug where -waitvsync had no effect when using -nohws -nod3d -notb.
- R. Belmont hooked up preliminary support for the text layer and palette in the Namco System 23 driver.
- Aaron Giles deprecated the use of multimon.h in the Windows build, which is only necessary for producing Windows 95 and NT 4.0 compatible binaries. Windows 98 is now the minimum version of Windows supported for MAME.
- Aaron Giles added a assert_always macro which asserts even in a release build, and requires a friendly message.
- Aaron Giles added a new function xml_read_string, which allows for parsing of internal strings into XML trees.
- Aaron Giles removed artificial gamma correction in the nemesis driver.
- Aaron Giles removed scrbitmap and memory_region from the global Machine structure. There is no need for non-core systems to access these directly.
- Aaron Giles removed a ton of hacks that were checking for Machine->sample_rate==0, which is now guaranteed to never be true.
- Aaron Giles split out ROM management from common.c and moved to a new file romload.c.
- Aaron Giles added save state support to the POKEY emulator.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up structs/unions in the debugger and Windows code to match the new core conventions.
- Aaron Giles added a new function state_save_register_bitmap to simplify bitmap saving.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added