MAME 0.104u4 was released on 2 March 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Andrew Gardner added comments support to the debugger. You can now dynamically add comments that are visible next to the disassembly view. Comments are saved to an XML-based .cmt file in a 'comments' directory by default upon exiting.
- Ian Patterson fixed the cheat timer to fire at the correct rate. Also fixed initialization order to work around dependency on the video/UI system.
- Adam Bousley added save states to 3 more drivers: arkanoid.c, system1.c, and taitosj.c, and to the SN76496 sound chip for system1.
- Lawrence Gold fixed a couple of small memory leaks and a crash bug found by valgrind.
- Nathan Woods added save state support to the tetrisp2 driver.
- Adam Bousley added save state support to Cloak and Dagger, Mario Bros, Crazy Baloon, and the SN76477 sound chip.
- R. Belmont hooked up the R4650 properly in the MIPS recompiler.
- R. Belmont made more Namco System 23 progress:
- Further hardware work
- Hooked up H8/3002 MCU and sound system
- Many notes added
- Final Furlong 2 (World and Japan sets) added
- Nathan Woods added sanity checking to the set_visible_area() call to ensure it is not set larger than the screen bitmap.
- smf added decryption of the BIOS for the Namco System 10 games using MEMN ROM boards.
- El Condor changed the ROM banking of the Bellfruit 'Adder' card to the new standard, as well as tidying up the MPU4 emulation with some new information.
- Adam Bousley added save states to Namco Classics Collection 1 & 2, Taito B System, and fixed save states in Operation Wolf.
- Aaron Giles made the following debugger changes/updates:
- added new streaming text buffer system
- rewrote the console window to use the streaming text buffer
- added new log window (Ctrl+L) which displays live error.log output
- added disassembly view menu to control comments versus raw or encrypted opcodes
- added disassembly menu to the main console window as well
- now detect expressions with assignment or ++/-- operators as commands, do you can just say "pc=0" to modify registers instead of needing to type "do pc=0"
- fixed bug that would sometimes lock the disassembly view to the top line
- Aaron Giles and Atari Ace did more global system cleanup:
- remapped osd_die to fatalerror, which cleans up behind itself and returns to the osd code by returning from run_game
- removed a number of unnecessary includes from driver.h
- moved logerror into the core
- moved 68000-specific build rules to cpu.mak
- new function skip_this_frame, should be called by drivers instead of osd_skip_this_frame
- removed includes of osdepend.h and osd_cpu.h from drivers; only the core should include these
- Aaron Giles did more initialization/reset/pause cleanup:
- new function add_pause_callback can be called by other modules to register a callback for whenever MAME is paused/resumed
- converted all existing pause hooks to use the new system
- new function add_reset_callback can be called by other modules to register a callback for whenever MAME is reset
- converted all existing reset hooks to use the new system
- removed machine_reset; replaced with mame_schedule_soft_reset
- new function mame_schedule_exit to force an exit cleanly from external events
- removed all the "trying_to_quit" crap from the Windows code
- moved save/restore system out of cpuexec.c into mame.c
- moved core game loop out of cpuexec.c into mame.c
- added hard reset support (complete tear down and re-init)
- Aaron Giles shuffled some more core files:
- split sndintrf.c into sound.c, sndintrf.c, and sndhrdw/generic.c
- added #include vidhrdw/generic.h to mamecore.h, and removed all explicit includes elsewhere
- Aaron Giles added save state support to the BSMT2000 sound emulator and the dcheese driver.
- Aaron Giles fixed missing save state data in the dkong driver.
- Aaron Giles updated the 68000 disassembler to use the new interfaces.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING